The following document in the Microsoft Patterns & Practices about Windows Azure deals with multitenancy. It ships with a book explaining several important things like:
- The Tailspin scenario
- Hosting a multi-tenant application on Windows Azure
- Choosing a multi-tenant data architecture
- Partitioning multi-tenant applications
- Maximizing availability, scalability and elasticity
- Securing multi-tenant applications
- Managing and monitoring multi-tenant applications
Best of all, it also comes with sample code.
If you’re interested then download it over here.